Guilt Tripping Over Dead Issues.
Recently the Governor of Virginia discussed Civil War Month and he seems to be re-visioning history once again. My approach to that whole period is that it is history and whether I am an African American, a Georgia cracker or a Boston Banker, it has NO, repeat, NO effect on me. I am neither guilty or even involved in any of what happened so long ago. My genealogy wanders upwards into Belgium and Germany on one side and Ireland on the other. We probably sold and bought slaves through the Roman conquests and went into the Congo for harvesting rubber and people. But in my particular situation, I can only say, not guilty nor even aware of any guilt.

You know, I sold my last slave about a year ago and I am now pretty much clear of all that guilt and pain. But it still rankles that the South has issues admitting that they killed, maimed and enslaved a bunch of foreigners. I mean, the whole illegal immigrant issue was bypassed by simply selling the Africans to the highest bidders. If I had known that then, I would not have an army of Spanish-speakers doing my lawns, cleaning my yard and generally carrying on like real citizens. The one thing I do miss from the good old Southern times is the music, I cannot get my head into mariachi and Chinese chants. After all, Rock and Roll was the only good thing to come out of the whole slavery thing, oh, that and bible thumping! I do miss that good old time religion when the earth was flat and evolution was something your peach preserves did in the pantry.

Sign me Free of Guilt, Great God Almighty I am Free of Guilt !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cleaner world vision beyond Triple A battery powered transportation

Newtown Connecticut